Hotels >Budget Inn-Lompoc
BED BUGS AND SCABIES. My 3 year old nephew and his mother stayed at this hotel for one night. They put them in a room that had just been painted. My nephew had pain in his HAIR! His mother noticed some roaches and told the manager. Instead of switching room, they just sprayed them. Later that night she awoke to my nephew puking. When she picked him up there were bed bugs underneath him. She called 911 and had him checked out. The next day she tried to go get a refund and the manager would not give her one. He was completely rude and wouldn't even take a complaint to the owner. Yesterday she and my nephew developed little spots all over them. Turned out to be scabies. We tried to call the health department but they wouldn't do anything. There was also a little boy beaten and killed at this hotel a couple of years ago. This place is bad news and I wouldn't even have my worst enemies to stay here!
The Roach Motel.
One star...YA if that!!! I would highly reccommend that you never...EVER stay in this disgusting, disasterous, hell-hole!!! Well $50 a night...or $250 a week which is what we were paying was not worth the grief we got from these people.
From the moment we checked in we had nothing but problem after continuous problem. The room we were first moved into(upstairs) had roaches everywhere. We told Joe, the manager, and rather than move us to a different room, he asked us to leave for about an hour so he could spray the room. We went ahead and did so. This was around 2pm.
We came back a couple of hours later...everything seemed ok. Well as the night got later, colder, darker,bugs began to appear. One here and there. We waited it out for a little while. Then more and more bugs...roaches started coming out of the woodwork. Finally we'd had enough. We went and told Joe again and he FINALLY decided to move us...at 2 in the morning, in the rain, with our 4-year old daughter!!!
Well this room was bug-free, but probably had more problems than the whole hotel. There was never hot water, and when there was a chance of getting hot water it was scalding hot!!! Oh,then there was the plumbing!!!
Our toilet wasn't even bolted to the ground, so everytime you sat down you got rocked back-and-forth. Then the sewage backed up throughout the whole hotel. There was raw sewage coming back up intothe drain into the bathtub. The toilet was leaking out raw sewage all over the bathroom floor from where the toilet wasn't secured to the floor. The manager gave me old curtains to mop up all the sewer water...I had to clean it up MYSELF!!! Imagine that...OLD CURTAINS!!!
Then there was the issue of having to deal with disrespectful, VERY unprofessional management. Our room was located up by the office. Our door faced the manager's back door to his apartment,and right next-door to the housekeeping room. The managers would do THEIR laundry at like 3 in the morning.We would have to listen to the washer & dryer all night long.
The manager & his wife would have parties sometimes. They would have all kinds of people over hanging out in the parking lot, basically right outside our door, being loud, drinking, fighting, etc. After the party would end about 2,3,4 in the morning, then we would have to listen to the manager and his wife fight & argue the rest of the night about their personal issues(i.e. their sex life and who his wife is sleeping with).
We tried several times to talk to the owner of the hotel, Patrick. But he would never return our calls. He doesn't seem to care too much about his tenants,and the people who bring him money to keep his business running. When we were finally able to talk to him and tell him about everything he just seemed to brush it off. He told us to leave, that we were causing them too much grief. HAHAHAHA LMAO!!!!
I was absolutely flabbergasted. I believe it was the other way around. We stayed there for a little over 2 months, never caused a problem. We are very quiet, private people. We don't complain about the small stuff, but these people are SO wrong in how they run this business.
Joe, the manager actually admitted to us that the bug problem is his fault. He had been slacking off, not keeping up on the spraying. So that's gotta tell you something about the place. At the time we had no place to go, and the rent fit our budget. The hotel was also located in the center of town on the main drag, so the grocery store was nearby, along with restaurants and gas stations. It was all within walking distance.
That was about the only good thing about the whole experience. There are ALOT more things about this place I could tell you, but I would end up writing a novel. I would just suggest you stay far away from this place!!! It is DEFINITLY NOT a fun time!!!
Beware. I would not reccomend you stay here. We were moving from out of state and need a temporary place to stay. We were Promised a Kitchenette and I confirmed several times, and when we got there they didnt have one. The biggest issue was they had R O A C H E S . Also there was alot of activity going on, like fighting and yelling, ect. I strongly warn against staying here especially if you have kids.
Editorial Review by Citysearch Editors. Economy lodging features smoking and nonsmoking rooms with a hair dryer, coffeemaker, an iron and cable TV; pets allowed.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!